this post is in no way what-so-ever the direct result of me waking up to Emeril Lagasse on Good Morning America making some delicious spicy thing i wanted to put in my face.
not at all.
recipe for a delicious relationship
1 cup passion
1 tsp skepticism
1 tsp snark
1 cup humor
1/2 cup independence
1 pound iron
8 cups communication skills
9 cups love
1 1/2 pounds butter
70 x 7 cups grace
an entire person full of commitment
kindness – quantity will vary, but plan for a lot
- preheat hormones to 1000 degrees.
- revel in the passion of a new relationship, add skepticism to keep things clear, heat and stir frequently.
- mix snark, humor, independence and iron. this adds necessary zing and laughter for freshness, individuality to avoid blandness and strength to hold the whole thing together when the other parts have lost some of their flavor.
- add communication generously throughout the entire process.
- mix love and butter and place in the bottom of the pan. love for stability, butter because it’s awesome. this is the crust of your whole relationship.
- in a large bowl, blend grace and commitment until well integrated.
- steadily pour in passion and skepticism mixture, then add humor, independence, iron and communication.
- pour relationship mixture over love, sprinkle generously with as much kindness as possible.
- reduce heat to steady warmth.
- bake for 50 to 75 years.
crap. now i’m hungry.
what would you add to this recipe?