i talk a lot about relationships here on my little blog thing. obviously. but today, i’m not gonna.
but not about romantic relationships. you’re going to talk about friendships.
my cousin has been in town for a few days and she’s probably the closest thing i have to a best friend. she’s crazy. she’s loud. she has absolutely no problem causing a scene. she’s as reliable as bedrock and an effing lioness when it comes to defending those she loves. i can say anything, do anything, be anyone or wear a freaking cape if i want to when i’m with her and it’s all okay.
she’s my definition of a friend.
i want to know what your definition is.
but first a couple of rules. yes, rules. shut up. they’re going to happen.
1. it cannot be your spouse or significant other. but sharideth, he really is my best friend! NO! it has to be someone you have no romantic involvement with. so there.
2. it cannot be your pet. i love my cat. i do. but if he were bigger than i am, he would not hesitate to eat me and we both know it.
okay, that’s it for the rules. now to the questions.
1. who is your best friend? no social security numbers please. a first name, real or faked, will do.
2. how long have you known each other?
3. what are the qualities that sets your best friend apart from other friends?
4. would you donate a kidney to this person?
5. did you use a fake name for your friend so your other friends wouldn’t be offended that it’s not them?
having friends that you are not romantically involved with is important. it’s healthy. it makes you more well-rounded than eating a Big Mac every meal for a year. you need a person/people around you who will happily call you on your feces and love you anyway.
are you stuck on your best friend romantically? then read this and handle it.