already got a text this morning telling me not to say the V word.
my friends should really know better than to tell me what not to do.
really they should.
last year i wrote a post about the different ways people react to Valentine’s day. i’m going to update it this year.
recycling old material? really, sharideth?
yes. shutup. there will be some new stuff, too, Picky Pete.
6 different ways people react to Valentine’s Day:
1. my elaborate, desperate plan isn’t ready yet! – “gah! it’s February and i haven’t hired the string trio yet! the hand-pulped paper for the card hasn’t been pressed and the M&Ms with her face on them haven’t arrived! whatever shall i do?” calm the frack down, that’s what.
2. again? really? – some just wish the calendar skipped the 14th like some buildings skip the 13th floor. it’s the most dreaded of all holidays and to be avoided at all costs. we call these people bitter.
3. let’s get ironic! – oh the ever expanding popularity of the Anti-Valentine’s Day party. broken heart cookies, skewered Lil’ Smokies, J. Geils Band, lots of booze to forget you’re alone, falling into the hot tub fully clothed with your father’s watch…yay! was that too specific?
4. meh – some people honestly don’t care Valentine’s Day even exists. it’s just another day to them. and by just another day, i mean they’ll end up sitting alone in the dark, pounding Tums flavored candy hearts that say, “You’re the One!”
5. make reservations! – Craig and i fall in this category. “let’s go celebrate the fact that we still like each other by spending way too much money on dinner. okay? awesome!” one year he even threw in a wilted rose and an african american Hallmark card from Kroger. so sexy. but if you’ve waited until today to jump on the reservation train, you better plan to spend the day on the phone. hope you have unlimited minutes.
6. group therapy – these are the singles who are going to revel in their singleness. they are going to get together and hang and laugh and make fun of each other’s romantic crash and burns. good times.
which group are you?
any other options?