things like the obsession with the Kardashians and the fact that the Jersey Shore is in it’s 5th season make me kinda hope the Mayans are right. maybe it isn’t climate change or LA smog or cow farts that are going to end the world, maybe it’s God’s punishment for our overwhelming bad taste in entertainment. if that’s not what sets the earth on fire, maybe it should be.
somebody give Snooki a lighter.
however we finally meet our ultimate end, there’s still most of 2012 to get through. so let’s get started, yeah?
some dos and don’ts for 2012:
1. do get up every morning. you know, for work or whatever.
2. don’t assume everyday is going to be super extra awesome. it isn’t. but there’s always tomorrow. unless it’s 12-20-2012 of course.
3. do think about what can be accomplished today. being able to look back on the last 12 hours with some satisfaction is not the worst feeling in the world.
4. don’t wear Ed Hardy. ever. if i catch you, i’ll set you on fire myself.
5. do give yourself a wardrobe upgrade. how you dress affects how other perceive you and how you feel about yourself. ladies, there’s nothing wrong with getting a bit tarted up to grocery shop. fellas, walk into a store that looks kind of cool or whatever and buy everything off the mannequin who looks like he’s having a better time than you are.
6. don’t decide that this is the year you find your soul mate. ugh. this really sucks, because everyday that goes by without success is like another hash mark on your chalkboard of discouragement. don’t do that to yourself. however, if 12-20-2012 rolls around and you find someone to hook up with as the world starts to burn, nobody will blame you.
7. do find new places and ways to meet people. want to find someone you have things in common with? go to places you like to go and do things you like to do. take a look around. the other people you see there? those are your people. if you look around and are mildly frightened, maybe you need to reevaluate your interests.
8. don’t not do new stuff. maybe don’t not start with using double negatives. have something you always wanted to try but have never done it? how about now? no? what about now? now? now? okay, now. pick one thing and set a date you are going to give it shot by. boom! livin’ large.
9. do let go of regret. have something from your past that makes you shudder every time it pops into your head at the worst possible moment? let it go. don’t like to think about it? too bad. take it out. look at it. feel whatever you need to feel and let it go. we are made for joy, not for wallowing in things we cannot change. how can you enjoy what is in front you while constantly looking in the rear view mirror?
10. don’t just sit there. get after it.
if you could do one thing this year you’ve never done, what would it be?
who wants to fire bomb an Ed Hardy store with me?