ladies, i apologize ahead of time for sharing this particular secret.
no i don’t. i’m not sorry. this totally blows for guys.
however, guys, this also applies to you, so you are definitely not off the hook. you’ll get yours in another blog.
girls like attention. they like to feeling desirable and sought after and wanted. blah blah blah blah blah. unfortunately many are willing use your attraction to them to feel that way even if they have no intent to date you.
yeah, i know. crappy.
it can be hard to tell though if you’re being strung along. all the signs point toward eventually sucking face. but (Kirstie Alley size) it’s the more subtle ones that you should be paying attention to. and by subtle, i mean they’re punching you in the neck but you’re ignoring them.
1. the ice cube in your boxers – things are going great! hot, hot, hot! she’s just about to launch herself into your arms…COLD! freezing cold. she doesn’t answer your calls, won’t text you back, gives you a side hug when you run into her…just about the time you think it might actually happen, she starts treating you like a brother. she is never going to date her brother.
2. the ego stroke – she constantly tells you how great you are, that she needs to find someone like you…you interpret that as she’s right on the verge of “really seeing you”. she’s not. she knows you’re into her and enjoys how you look at her when she says those things. knock it off.
3. who’s that guy? – she dates other people. feeling like an idiot yet? good.
4. you’re her personal complaint box – she will verbally vomit about all the things that are wrong with the guy she’s dating (usually followed with an ego stroke – see #2) then proceed to fling herself at him. simultaneously giving you hope of being her savior and stepping on your balls.
5. it’s not a date. ever. – she will never go on a date with you. anything that resembles an actual date is carefully avoided. she’ll either cancel with some lame excuse, invite a friend to make it a “group thing” or go frosty (see #1). any alone time you do have will be firmly controlled by her, right down to the topic of conversation.
seriously guys, you deserve what ever she dishes out if you continue to let it happen. not only are you handing over your manhood one cold shower at a time, but you are wasting time that could be better spent on someone who might actually care about you in return.
for some tips on how to end the string along, you should read an open letter to nice guys. it’s all there.
and for some clues on what the girl might be like, read Lucy + Football = It’s Humiliation, Charlie Brown.
have you ever been strung along?
have you ever done the stringing?
any other signs you can think of?