i must be nuts. i’ve let this guy guest post for me 3 times now. but you people seem to like it every time he does, so i guess it’s all right.
Ricky Anderson is a system administrator. he helps people with their PCs. at least he has job security. he blogs about that and other stuff that runs around his head here. he might be funny or whatever. you can also follow him on Twitter.
i also have a guest post over at his place. it’s about what it might look like if i took over his help desk…you should probably go read it.
enjoy or die.
The Romantic Dude Scorecard
My name is Ricky. I’m taking over Sharideth’s blog again today. It’s the third time I’ve done so. How did I get so lucky?
Easy. Sharideth’s password is IAmTheWord$WithFriend$Champ. Feel free to post whenever you want, she doesn’t seem to notice.
Do you ever wonder how you’re doing in the romance department? Would a scorecard help? No? Too bad.
- When you proposed, did you do it somewhere private and romantic? I proposed in her folks’ living room on my way out the door one night. Not romantic. -1 point
- Are you spontaneous? I buy her flowers on the way home sometimes, but only if there’s no occasion. Romantic! +2 points
- I usually get them at Sam’s Club so they’re cheaper. Not romantic. -1 point
- Are you helpful? I do the dishes and take out the trash. I even clean the restroom. Romantic! +2 points
- According to my wife, I should do these things more than once a month. Not romantic. -1 point
- Are you a good listener? I listen to everything my wife says, but I get lost in the details and my mind starts wandering. Not romantic. -2 points
- Do you make extra time for her? I drive my wife to and from work so she we can talk more. Romantic! +2 points
- Do you stick up for your girlfriend/fiancée/wife? One time, a guy was looking at her a little too long and hard in the grocery store, and I stopped and gave him a very stern glare. Romantic (ish)! +.5 points
- Do you engage in her interests? I have spent hours in clothes, candle and fabric stores. Romantic! +3 points
- Do you put her requests above your own pride? Would you carry her purse for her at the beach, in front of everybody? Romantic! +10 points
- Do you fail to protect her and let her purse get stolen literally 15 minutes later when someone breaks into your rental car? Not romantic. -20 points